A weekly article that will offer information concerning the Kilgore Fire Department and provide safety tips for home and family. When we think about electricity, we think about electric current. Electric current is the power running along wires in our
In every part of the world, access to the internet can be done through wired networks or wireless network. For the wireless network, all you need is a router with a high-speed network and has the ability to connect to
Electrical fires are responsible for over 60 percent of accidental residential fires, according to Rural/Metro Fire Department. Most of these malfunctions are due to improper use of extension cords and power strips. Rural Metro wants to remind the community to
The misuse of electric extension cords and power strips also cause more than three thousand house fires every year, killing about 50 people and injuring over 250. Here are some rules on how to use power strips correctly to keep
The cables and wiring external to the equipment must have flame retardant properties and should be installed in such a manner that it should not interfere with the original flame retarding properties. Cables and wirings for emergency equipment, lightings, communication,
Work with experienced Electrician: We advise you to work with a competent, experienced registered electrician to update any home wiring and to avoid going down the DIY(Do it Yourself) route for this task. Because incomplete knowledge is a dangerous thing.
Those injuries include falls, cuts, and shocks related to holiday lights, electrical decorations, and Christmas trees. The following safety tips to keep yourself and your family safe while decorating: Always turn off holiday lights when you leave your home or
‘Tis the season when people are using more electricity, likely to power up their favourite holiday decorations and to keep warm. As more of us begin stringing those lights and putting up the Christmas tree, fire crews are urging you
It’s the time of year when homes are filled with fun, decorative lights – but it’s also a dangerous time when fire hazards can threaten the holiday cheer. As the Valley’s largest electric provider, Salt River Project is encouraging customers
At least, 10 incidents of fire are reported in the city in a week due to an electrical short circuit. In such cases, a fire starts after a spark in the circuit or the mains in the electricity meter box.