While the construction of your house people should spend equal time as they spend while constructing the other things. The electrical connections of house is much harder than it looks. As you have to pay attention to mapping the circuits, power points, panels for your ease and the most important thing that it should be placed where the children can’t reach. The main component of wiring, is a circuit which mainly handles all the electrical appliances of the houses. Each circuit can be traced from its beginning in the service panel or subpanel through various receptacles, fixtures, and/or appliances and back. In these cases it is very important to use only that cable on which you can trust like Dignity Cables, which much more pure, durable, Heat resistant, Lead free and flame retardant.
Following are the few points for you to plan and set-up the correct wiring system for your home.
- The support of electrical service should be large enough to fulfill all electrical needs of the home with keeping in mind of future additions.
- There should always be proper grounding to maintain the earthing of home.
- An electrical box that is properly wired, sufficient for the home’s power needs, and has not been recalled. (There have been many electrical panel recalls, both old and current.)
- It is to be kept in mind to do not overload the circuits.
- Wiring should be in good working condition i.e wiring should not be of aluminium and it should be of copper, knob and tube, it should not be exposed, crimped and cracked or damaged.
- The outlets and switches should always be in such a manner that it can be easily used and should be placed exactly according to use.
- GFCIs are in-use in moisture-prone areas, including kitchen, laundry, bath, basement, garage, crawlspaces, and outdoors.
- Common homeowner electrical mistakes (wrong wire size; loose connections; missing junction boxes; exposed wires; wrong amperage circuit breaker; overloaded outlets/circuit…).
What are the major components of an electric system:
The Meter: Meter is the main unit from where the current is distributed to the whole house. The main line comes from pole and it connects the meter that’s why meter is the main and first component of electric system.The meters are mainly of mechanical display or Digital display.
The Circuits: Each bundle of wire has at least three wires within – two with plastic insulation and one bare. The black and/or red insulated wires are the “hot” wires coming directly off of the circuit breakers. The white insulated or “neutral” wire carries the current back to the electrical source at the panel. The bare copper wires the ground wire, which is the safety part of the circuit.
GFCI’s: A GFCI protects from different types of shock, and shuts off the supply of electricity and provide a safe breaker from shock and potential electrocution. The main use of GFCI are in the bathrooms, kitchens, garages and typically where water may be present.
All these points should be enough for you to consider while changing or re-installing the wiring system in your home. Prime cabs ensure a safe wiring system for all your wiring needs that would need minimal change for years to come.