- The cables and wiring external to the equipment must have flame retardant properties and should be installed in such a manner that it should not interfere with the original flame retarding properties.
- Cables and wirings for emergency equipment, lightings, communication, and the signal should be kept away from spaces like galley, laundries, machinery space of category A & other high-risk areas.
- Special precautions are to be taken for cable installation in the hazardous area as it might lead to an explosion in case of an electrical fault.
- Terminations and joints are to be made in such a manner that it should retain its original fire resisting properties.
- Avoid cable for damage and chafing during installation.
- Fireproof glands to be used in case of the cable passing through the bulkhead as it would prevent the fire from one compartment to other.