The medium to transfer electric energy & data signal transfer from one place to another the wires and cables is the only way to do that. Electric cables comes in different sizes, colors and types. They are manufactured according to application to match the requirements and different types of need. There are various wires and cables available in market which are designed according to the transmission and communication to heavy industrial and residential use.
Following are a few major types of cables that are used in industrial and residential purpose:
- Multi-Strand Wire (House Wire): House wire are known as Multi-Strand wires which is mostly used in houses, residential, commercial and multi-story building to do their wiring and fulfill basic wire requirements.
- Multi-Core Flexible Cable: Multi-core cables are manufactured to fulfill the industrial and heavy commercial requirements to run heavy applications. These cables are manufactured with keeping in mind the need of industries. Industries require highly flexible wires with good copper conductor. This can be possible with nicely manufactured PVC which must be at least Fire Retardant (FR) insulation which make the wire flexible and safer.
- Three Core Flat Submersible Cable: As the name suggests that submersible cables are used under water. So the first requirement is that it should be safe and should work under water correctly. These wires are used to power submersible pumps which are used inside earth to fetch underground water. These wires are double coated PVC so that it should easily handle moisture, abrasion and weather resistant and must me tough and flexible. These wires are also used for irrigation purposes.
- Telephone & Switchboard Cable: The Telephone & Switchboard cable is an advanced communication cable designed for improved voice transmission, clarity and eliminating cross-talk. In addition to this, the use of electrolytic grade copper conductor of high purity and uniform diameter (having low resistance) eliminates voice loss and thus delivers crisp clarity.
- Coaxial Cable: These cables are generally used in TV signal transmission to homes. Used by cable operators, DTH providers.
- UTP CAT Cable: These cables are used for transmitting data and voice signals in LAN for structured networking like in offices to connect all the computers to server.
- Power & Control Cable: LT & HT power (AL) & control (CU) cables are used in industries, commercial & multi residential complexes for providing electrical supply from source.
- Shielded cables: These cables are used for industrial & signalling purpose.
- Speaker cables: These cables are used for voice signals to speakers
- CCTV cables: These cables are used to provide voice & image signals from close circuit camera to TV or monitor
So these are some common types of cables used in industrial and residential setting, keeping in mind the application, size, specification & other electrical protocols.