- Work with experienced Electrician: We advise you to work with a competent, experienced registered electrician to update any home wiring and to avoid going down the DIY(Do it Yourself) route for this task. Because incomplete knowledge is a dangerous thing.
- Install additional outlets so that you end up relying on using multiple extension cords: If you plan on adding new rooms to your house or adding more appliances to existing rooms, make sure to get your electrician to install additional outlets to ensure that you won’t end up relying on using multiple extension cords for all your electrical needs.
- Know appliance safety updates: If you have bought new appliances or electrical goods for your home makeover, make sure you register them so that you will be the first to know of any product recalls or safety updates.
- Do not overload any sockets: Carefully plan out the layout of your appliances with the aim in mind to not overload any sockets. Make sure you are aware of the limits of your power outlets are and stay within them.
- Work after researching thoroughly: Don’t undertake any DIY(Do it yourself) electrical work without researching thoroughly if it’s an installation that is permitted for homeowners to undertake.
Electrical Safety Tips